Application Requirements for the Nurse Extern Program:
- Current student in good standing in an RN program
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Copy of most recent transcript
- Completed Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South employment application
- Two letters of recommendation from nursing instructors
- Current BLS certification
- Graduation date within one year of application
Upon acceptance, orientation dates will be scheduled which include General Hospital Orientation, Nursing Orientation, iConnect Training, Extraordinary Service Training (SHARE), Body Mechanics and Nurse Extern orientation. Nurse Extern competencies will be assessed during the Extern specific orientation.
The minimum work requirement is to work one 8-hour shift per week.
|Nurse Educator: 817-551-2751