Our goal at Texas Health Huguley is to provide exceptional care close to home. We hope you never need emergency services, but if you do, we're ready. When it counts the most, we are close.
Our Emergency Department has recently earned:
- Emergency Center of Excellence by Emergency Excellence
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Chest Pain
- Primary Stroke Center Advanced Certification by The Joint Commission
- Level IV Trauma Center designation by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
All services are always available, 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
Our Critical Care facilities include:
- Emergency Department – 23 private rooms and two trauma rooms. A designated fast-track area handles minor emergencies.
- Medical Intensive Care Unit – Located above the emergency room, the MICU has 10 beds and is staffed with intensivists (board-certified physicians with special training in critically ill patients)
- Cardiovascular Critical Care Unit – 10 beds and two surgical suites specifically designed for open-heart surgery
- Cardiac cath lab – recently expanded and renovated. The emergency department and heart cath lab have collaborated to reduce the time it takes for heart attack patients to be treated, surpassing the national goal.