A full range of assistive and communication aids provided to persons who are deaf, hearing impaired, or blind, visually impaired, or with other sensory impairments. There is no additional charge for such aids. Some of these aids include:
- Qualified sign language interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired
- A twenty-four hour (24) telecommunication device *(TTY/TDD) which can connect the caller to all extensions within the facility and/or portable (TTY/TDD) units, for use by persons who are deaf, hearing impaired, or speech impaired. TDD number is 512-438-3011.
- Readers for the blind and large print materials for the visually impaired.
- Alphabet boards and other communication boards.
- Assistive devices for persons with impaired manual skills.
If you require any of the aids listed above, please ask the receptiontist or your caregiver to assist you.
*TDD -- telecommunications device for the deaf