Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South's volunteers have been an integral part of the hospital since the hospital opened. Volunteers share a common goal of providing aid and comfort to patients and their families. These men and women provide volunteer support and raise funds to benefit the hospital community as a whole.
Since 1977 Texas Health Huguley's volunteers have played a major role in raising funds for the purchase of equipment and educational materials. Book fairs, uniform and jewelry sales are just a few of the many fundraisers hosted by the volunteers to raise money for the hospital.
The volunteer's purpose is threefold:
- To provide compassionate service to patients, hospital staff and the community
- To serve as goodwill ambassadors for the hospital
- To raise funds for the hospital's equipment and services
To become an active volunteer of Texas Health Huguley Hospital, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete an Application Form and background check
- Be interviewed by the Volunteer Services Coordinator and assigned to a service
- Receive comprehensive training
- Follow the TB testing process (and/or chest X-ray, if applicable)
- Purchase a volunteer uniform
- A complimentary meal in the cafeteria per each 4 hour shift
- 20% discount at the Gift Shop on the day you volunteer
- Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon held annually
- Volunteer Christmas Luncheon held annually
- Discounted membership at Texas Health Huguley's Fitness Center
Whether serving in one of the patient care areas in the hospital, delivering flowers or staffing the information desk, volunteers add a special caring touch to our services.
Remember, a few hours of your time can make a difference in someone's life. Volunteering time to help others is not only a wonderful way to support your community, but the weekly activity promotes wellness and a more active lifestyle.
Caring, compassionate, devoted and energetic.
If any of these words describe you, then you have the characteristics of a volunteer at Texas Health Huguley.
For information, please call the Volunteer Office at (817) 551-2707